You ever heard of cholelithiasis? In fact, this is the name given to the diagnosis of gallstones --
a sort of "pocket" that stores bile before that net work in the digestive process of food
mainly of fats, conducted by the intestine.
There are several factors related to risk of have gallstones, such as age (the frequency
increases with the aging process), pregnancy, obesity, sex (more frequent in women), therapy
HRT and high levels of triglycerides blood.
A person may have gallstones and not know, it does not present any symptoms. The "discovery" of
problem happens usually during routine examinations.
"The biliary colic, a kind of constant pain, which located in the upper right abdomen, is the most common symptom of people with stone gall. This pain is almost always accompanied by nausea, "explains Dr. Vladimir Schraibman, specialist in general surgery, gastric surgery and one adviser Robotic Surgery in the area of General Surgery and
Digestive Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein (Proctor Intuitive Robotic System). Expert states in this interview, several questions about this disease
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Please note that it is still adviseable to consult your doctor for an accurate diagnosis. People can go for years with digestive symptoms and never realize that they may be related to a gallbladder problem. That's because they are so inter-related with other digestive symptoms. Constipation is one of the most commonly missed ones.
The first four mentioned I feel are most indicative of gallbladder issues. It is not necessary to have all or many symptoms to have gallbladder problems but the more you have from this list, the more confirmation you have that the gallbladder is involved. Please note that it is still adviseable to consult your doctor for an accurate diagnosis.
To get a clearer picture of the causes of gall bladder symptoms check out risk factors for gallbladder disease.
* Pain or tenderness under the rib cage on the right side
* Pain between shoulder blades
* Stools light or chalky colored
* Indigestion after eating, especially fatty or greasy foods
* Burping or belching
* Feeling of fullness or food not digesting
* Diarrhea (or alternating from soft to watery)
* Headache over eyes, especially right
* Bitter fluid comes up after eating
* Frequent use of laxatives
GALLBLADDER ATTACK SYMPTOMS specifically
Please note that if you are in severe pain and particularly if your attack symptoms are accompanied by fever DO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY. The following symptoms are typical of a gallbladder attack.
* Moderate to severe pain under the right side of the rib cage
* Pain may radiate through to the back or to the right shoulder
* Severe upper abdominal pain (biliary colic)
* Burping or belching
* Attacks are often at night
* Attacks often occur after overeating
* Pain will often but not always follow a meal with fats or grease
* Pain may be worse with deep inhalation
* Attacks can last from 15 minutes to 15 hours
Postado por GRIFFO BLOGS às 6:40 AM